SHARING THE TEACHING OF OUR ANCESTORS
The earth has provided the nourishment to sustain the first peoples of these lands. Many traditions and values have risen from these foods based on the values of sharing and in the spirit of friendship.
We the people of Salishan Catering invite you to join in the celebrating the gifts of nature. Many traditions and the recipes have been passed from generation to generation over centuries we bring them to you blended with cuisine of today.
SERVING YOUR OUR TRADITION
Serving it right in the tradition of the Salishan people and First Nation cultures, we offer you several serving styles to choose from to make your occasion memorable.
- Potlatch Platter – menu selections are presented on platters with our staff serving each guest at the table. –
- Family Feast- you’re made to feel right at home. Platters are set in the center of the table enabling each guest to help themselves while our staff ensures platters are kept replenished. –
- Buffet – all selections are attractively displayed in a collection of north coast serving plates on tables where guests serve themselves. We set out Menu Cards identifying ingredients so guests with food allergies can select items that suit their palette. –
- Full Service – ideal for formal occasions. We serve your menu selections to each guest while they enjoy the event from their seats.
GOING BEYOND EXPECTATIONS – OTHER SERVICES
In addition to serving it right, we also provide other services helping you to build a complete event where every element compliments the other.
- Event planning
- Finding facility and site locations
- Coordination of dinnerware, décor, table, chair and linen rentals
- Coast Salish cultural theme, seasonal ideas, entertainment, welcomes and blessing